The lack of a tooth as a result of the natural process of ageing, decay, periodontal problems or trauma can have an aesthetic or functional impact and, in the long run, can become a health problem.
A nice smile has a considerable impact on our appearance and in our daily lives therefore our low self-esteem can affect our personal and professional relationships.
For example, one can stop enjoying a certain type of food or feel insecure in their social relations by avoiding to smile or show their teeth too much.
The dental implant is intended to replace a lost tooth. It is an artificial substitute of the root of a tooth and will support the dental crowns.
Advantages of implants
- They are the best solution in case one, a few or all teeth are to be replaced.
- They are made of titanium, a biocompatible material that allows for correct integration with the bone and prevents rejection by the human body.
- Immediate procedure of oral surgery with which you can smile at the moment.
- High stability due to the fact that they are crowned to the bone.
- Durability over the years. As long as you take care of them, assure proper oral hygiene and regular check-ups the implants are a lasting solution.
- The placement is done quickly in a low -impact surgery and almost with no pain at all.
- They do not affect adjacent teeth (unlike bridges or removable prosthesis).
- The success rate is close to 100%.
- They preserve the bone because it stimulates it and prevents the loss of the bone in the long term.
- Comfort. In a few days you will forget about the implant and will not even realise you have it!